UI Graduate College Students (currently in a University of Iowa Graduate Program)
The Informatics Certificate Program is open to graduate students in good standing who wish to complement their own disciplinary studies with foundational and applied knowledge in informatics. Students must complete 19 semester hours for the Informatics Certificate.
Applications for the certificate programs are accepted on a rolling admissions basis.
Certificate applications must be submitted for admission at least one semester prior to the semester in which the student seeks to complete the certificate requirements:
- A cover letter describing how the certificate program fits into your primary program of study.
- A letter of support from your advisor, approving the addition of the certificate curriculum to your current program of study.
- The certificate tracking form specifying a list of courses satisfying the certificate, with grades for completed courses.
Apply as current UI Graduate Student: https://workflow.uiowa.edu/form/igpi-uigraduate-certificate-application
Non- Degree Candidates (not currently a Graduate Student or a student in a Professional Degree Program)
Apply as a non-degree seeking student: https://grad.admissions.uiowa.edu/apply/applying-nondegree-graduate-student
Email the following documents to email@example.com
- Statement of Purpose
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Certificate Tracking Form
Each candidate's application will be evaluated by a committee of program faculty, who then make an admissions recommendation to the Graduate College.
Non-degree students will be assigned an advisor after their application and admission to the program, but are encouraged to work with the IGPI Program Coordinator on their initial plan of study.