PharmD students eligible to apply to the MS in Informatics (Health Informatics - Pharmacy) include those who have completed their bachelor's degree or 120 sh of coursework.
- A minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00, or the foreign equivalent as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- Official GRE General Test scores from the Educational Testing Service (the University's Institutional code is 6681)
- The Health Informatics subprogram will accept one of the following official scores, GRE, PCAT or MCAT from the Educational Testing Service (the University's Institutional code is 6681)
- For applicants whose native language is not English and who do not hold a degree from a US college or university, a score of 550 or higher is required on the paper-based (213 on the computer-based or 81* on the Internet based) Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The University's Institutional code is 6681. All students submitting IELTS scores must earn a minimum score of 7.0, with no subscore lower than 6.0, and must take the on-campus English Proficiency Evaluation prior to registration. For more information about English proficiency testing, please visit the Graduate College webpage: http://www.grad.uiowa.edu/manual-part-1-section-I-admission-to-the-graduate-college
- A statement of purpose
- A curriculum vitae
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- An Application for Graduate Awards
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency
It is recommended that pharmacy students apply to the Graduate College for admission to the MS in Informatics (Health Informatics – Pharmacy) before entering the spring semester of their 1st year (P1) coursework.